One of my favorite features on the iPhone* is “Find My Friends” & I wish more people used it.
It is especially useful to help find people when you are both out & about and trying to meet up. My wife & I use it for that all the time.
One of the best ways to use it, is to use it as a TEMPORARY friend finder: You can set it to just let someone follow you for a certain amount of time. That way, if I’m trying to meet you later today, but don’t want you to know where I am all the time, I can just invite you temporarily.
Here is how you do it – it is EASY:
- Launch “Find my Friends” on your device (see it in the top right?):
- Click the “Add” button (see it in the top right?):
- Click the “Temporary Sharing” button that pops up:
- Type in the email address or phone number of the person you want to share your location with & select how long ( a day is easy!) & then hit Done!
- When I accept your invitation, you’ll see me in your list with a little timer icon beside it:
That’s it! Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything I can make clearer!