The Best of San Francisco in One Apartment: Large, Sunny, Historic Victorian 2BR/1BA in the Mission (ðŸ¶â¤ï¸ + Parklet)
$4300/Month – NEGOTIABLE / Interested in shorter team leases for less $
(More pictures below)
This fantastic flat combines so much of what makes San Francisco great:
- A beautiful, historic, Painted Lady Victorian (in the Liberty Hill Historic District)
- Environmentally conscious (& excellent) amenities
- Location in the heart of San Franciscoâ€™s most vibrant neighborhood
Beautiful Painted Lady Victorian
The flat itself is bright, spacious, 2BR/1BA flat located on Valencia Street (at 20th) on the top floor of an iconic* & beautiful Victorian.
Here are the basics of the place:
- 2 bedroom, 1 bath.
- 1300 square feet.
- East-facing large living room with lots of light.
- Spacious modern kitchen with new refrigerator and induction/convection oven.
- Large master bedroom & smaller bedroom with back deck and large redwood planters.
- Built in 1888, includes high ceilings, period detail and character, part of the Liberty Hill Historic District
- Recently re-tiled bathroom.
- Street parking / nearby parking garage with monthly rates.
- Near major corporate shuttle stops
- ðŸ¶â¤ï¸:Â Pets welcome with deposit.
- No smoking.
- Solar panels mean youâ€™re generating your own power and can not only offset 100% of your electricity usage, but can even earn money back by being super energy efficient. Â
- Updated with modern/energy efficient appliances, including new refrigerator and modern washer/dryer; clothes drying line also onsite.Â
- Double-paned windows prevent drafts, keep heat in and increase comfort and quiet.Â
- Nest smart thermostat for efficient winter heating.Â
- Instant (tankless) water heater to reduce energy waste.
- San Franciscoâ€™s only residential parklet and front landscaping. We converted the original all-concrete driveway into a micro front yard with pollinator plants, visited by bees, butterflies and birds. The parklet extends into the street, with large planters including Trixie, our triceratops topiary, and seating. Inspired by San Franciscoâ€™s Pavement to Parks initiative, itâ€™s a wonderful way to meet neighbors when they stop by to eat ice cream, and enjoy watching the neighborhood go by. It has the dual benefit of also improving stormwater abatement and surface permeability.
* If you know Valencia Street, itâ€™s the silver & blue Victorian with the parklet. Hereâ€™s a recent CleanPowerSF ad featuring the house: http://www.deeptrouble.com/temp/CPSF_OurHouse.jpg
Set in the heart of San Franciscoâ€™s vibrant Mission District, this is a walkerâ€™s paradise! Everything you could want is a short walk away: a wide variety of great restaurants, shops, bakeries, coffee shops, bars, clubs, book stores, playgrounds, yoga studios, gyms, gourmet and ethnic grocery stores and food.Â
The neighborhood is well served by transit (itâ€™s a 5-minute BART ride to get to work downtown!), itâ€™s on all the tech shuttle routes and has San Franciscoâ€™s liveliest bike scene. We donâ€™t own a car, and you wonâ€™t need one either (there is a street parking and a nearby garage if you really want one). In addition to being super centrally located, the nearby neighborhoods, like the Castro, Noe Valley, Bernal Heights & the Lower Haight have lots to offer as well.
Other unique neighborhood amenities/activities include:
- We often host things in the parklet like & street musicians, LitQuake & Shakespeare in the Park.
- On the Mission Sunday Streets route, when Valencia Street is closed to car traffic and and the whole street becomes a neighborhood-wide block party, with bands, bikes, kids, merchants, dance groups, etcâ€¦ Â Â Â
- Walking distance to Calle 24, San Franciscoâ€™s latino cultural district (24th Street), and itâ€™s vibrant culture including extensive murals, low riders, and a fantastic array of Mexican, Central and South American food, art, culture and dance: Dia de los Muertos, Carnival. Â Â
One More Thing
Ideally, weâ€™re looking for neighbors, not just tenants. We live next door, and the downstairs unit is occupied by nice folks too. We like hosting BBQs and have a 5-year old who loves hanging out on the stoop blowing bubbles.Â
- $4300 / month or best offer – NEGOTIABLE – Also interested in shorter term leases for less monthly
- Security Deposit: 1.5 months rent = $7050
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org