Step 1: Download a bunch of Motown (& other great) Christmas songs from the iTunes Store.*
Step 2: Apply sparkly-yet-Indian Santa Costume
Step 3: Apply Trikeasaurus
Step 4: Find SF Santarchy & roam the streets with a few hundred Santas!
Step 5: Enjoy:
(thanks for the awesome video Jeff! & for pointing it out to me Renata!)
And a week later:
Step 6: Apply Disco Ball & Sparkly pants (of course.)
Step 7: Roam the streets & hit a karaoke bar
Step 8: Return to Step 5.
I think I may need to revisit Christmas….
Although I’ve always liked the general goodwill/peace-on-earth vibe of Christmas-time, I’ve never particularly celebrated it. I’m not a Christian and I don’t really do the gifts thing. But the past two weekends have been some serious Christmas-y fun & I may be seeing the development of my own new Christmas traditions: Santarchy & maybe some yuletide DiscoBalling.
I’ve been on Santarchy once before and had a damn fine time, but eventually it turned into a drunken rabble (don’t get me wrong, I’m all for pleasantly buzzed people, but drunken rabbles? Not-so-much). This time (two Saturdays back) I had Trikeasaurus & it was 7 hours of nothing but ridiculous good times – till I broke Trikeasaurus** 🙂
Then this past weekend, I figured, “Well I have all these fun dancey Christmas songs…” why not hit it in my DiscoBall? So I grabbed some of my peeps, put on ye olde Disco Ball & had another good Saturday with amplified sound.
Here’s a little video of my adventures that night at Santarchy….
Here are all my Santarchy photos on Facebook… Check ’em out!
And here are a bunch of great shots from Flickr.
Thanks electric heart, chocopups, steve rhodes, and plaid_iguana!
Anyway Big Big BIG thanks to all those who put together SF Santarchy 2008, and I’m already looking forward to NEXT Christmas.
* My favorite Xmas songs are “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” by U2, and “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” by John Lennon. But the Eels songs & the Elvis & The Jackson 5 & Aretha were great too! Here’s the full playlist of Xmas songs I used (not including my general Trikeasaurus favorites.) Clicking on the list will take you to the iMix on the iTunes Store….
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – U2
- Everything’s Gonna Be Cool This Christmas – Eels
- Christmas Is Going to the Dogs – Eels
- Linus & Lucy – Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Christmas Won’t Be The Same This Year – The Jackson 5
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – The Jackson 5
- Christmas in Hollis – Run-DMC
- Santa’s Beard – They Might Be Giants
- Santa Baby – Madonna
- Winter Wonderland (Single Version) – Aretha Franklin
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town (Single Version) – Bruce Springsteen
- A Holly Jolly Christmas – Burl Ives
- Jingle Bell Rock – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Santa Claus Is Coming to Town – Diana Ross, Jackson 5 & The Supremes
- Please Come Home for Christmas – Eagles
- Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) – Elvis Presley
- Frosty the Snowman – Jackson 5
- Up On the House Top – Jackson 5
- Rudolph the Red- Nosed Reindeer – Jackson 5
- Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto – James Brown
- Happy Xmas (War Is Over) – John Lennon
- Jingle Bells – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- Merry Christmas Baby – Stevie Wonder & Wyclef Jean
- Joy to the World – The Supremes
- Silver Bells – The Supremes
- The Little Drummer Boy – The Temptations
- Christmas – The Who
** Yep, I blew out all the welding on the speaker mount on Trikeasaurus during SF Santarchy shenanigans. Luckily, my friend Aaron Lander, the man behind Trikeasaurus, is repairing it. BLESS YOU AARON!
In another Trikeasaurus related note, I got a SECOND ticket from the cops for being too loud a month ago. Today, I went to the Hall of Justice, and luckily, this one, like the last one, was thrown out! Yippeee! It would have been $184. Eventually I may need a Trikeasaurus Legal Defense Fund, but not yet. Trikeasaurus is 2 for 2!