I’ve never dreaded writing a ‘Deep Slate more than this one. Why you ask? Because I’m going to publicly disagree with many of my close friends’ choices on on the two most controversial races in this election. If you do disagree with me (and I think many of my progressive friends will), I hope you’ll read and consider the reasoning behind my choices.
Regardless, GO VOTE!
.ps:Â Let’s start a new tradition:#votingstickerselfieÂ AFTER YOU VOTE: Take a pic with your voting sticker on your nose & hashtag it as #votingstickerselfie!
.pps If youâ€¦
- like what you read, please do let me know! Also questions, criticisms, comments welcome!
- you want to know where to vote, jump to the Extras below
- you want to get an email when I post the next â€˜Deep Slate, just email me!
WHAT IS THIS?:
Every San Francisco election cycle, I put out myÂ â€œâ€˜Deep Slateâ€: my endorsements for that election. This post is my slate for this election!
The format of this post is as follows:
- The LIST: the simple list of my endorsements for this election.Â
- The DETAILS: the whys and wherefors of each endorsement. This is how I arrived at each position.
- My VALUES: a brief explanation of my values and sources, to help make sense of my opinions.
- Other Sources: a collection of other resources & ballot slates put together by friends or organizations that I value.
- Extras: If you want to know where to vote, or want to find older â€˜Deep Slatesâ€¦.
Also note that a few days after the election, you can come back & checkÂ the RESULTS by clicking here.
Thanks, as always, to the number of folks who have asked me for my opinions. I know I say it every time but it is quite true: I really am honored by your interest.
And big props to my lovely wife, for proofreading this and also for being so supportive of all my meetings & involvements!
So without further preamble, letâ€™s dive in!